Today multi-thread computing technology, the running OS has hundreds of running threads compete to read and write data across the disk, and another feature of OS is it uses the hard drive space for the OS swap files, called temporary random access memory. so specs of random reads/write of the drive defined how fast a the programs run.
This is general specs of random reads/writes between HHD and SSD
SATA SSD SATA HHD
Sequential Read : 718.498 MB/s Sequential Read : 114.988 MB/s
Sequential Write : 777.414 MB/s Sequential Write : 111.043 MB/s
Base on the number random reads/writes, SSD is much faster than HHD, another important point is drive vibration, and shock is not a factor in an SSD drive failure, because SSD drive has no mechanical moving parts.
If your PC/Laptop is the main force of your daily business, you should upgrade to SSD drive. Upgrading HHD to SSD is actually simple. You just visit shop.allogics.com to get the upgrade kit.
Malware, it hooks itself to the running OS in many ways. Few examples, every time you move a mouse, or a keystroke, it triggers a virus to execute its code. Some virus clone itself, when its parent process force to terminate. Some viruses set permission itself hard to remove, or some viruses are the resource hunger, it draws all the available CPU/memory/network bandwidth resource as much as possible to the point the computer dragging extensively slow that you can not do anything else.
Fortunately, Companies create off-line virus scanner. It means it runs on its own OS, and the viruses and the registries of your computer are treated as ineffective regular files.
ALLOGICS best pick Off-line Anti-Virus Scanner:
You can request a free copy from us by contact ALLOGICS with your choice, and shipping address in the comment box.
- GotomyPC: $20/1 computer/month
- LogmeIn: $349.99/2 computers/year
- VPN: Depend on what hardware do you want, for example, I use this Router/Firewall/VPN/WIFI at the low price $149.95 one time upfront cost. for most of my small business, because it has enterprise features with affordable price. It can perform well enough for ten VPN connections at the same time. It is well fit for the small business network.
- Secure VPN stands for (Virtual Private Network). It acts as if your VPN Client PC in the same network at Work. All the data from the VPN client to the remote network encrypted using vary of protocol, like SSTP, L2TP/OPENVPN, etc.
- GotomyPC/Logmein/or alike act as a proxy, your client PC communicate with their server through secure hypertext protocol, https, just like your PC browse some secure web site. Their proxy server communicates with your host PC at work using their proprietary protocol. It is why this technology bypasses your company firewall. If you can brown the Internet, you can always logmein/gotomypc unless your company using a proxy for browsing the Internet.
Base on my experience RDP (remote desktop) over secure VPN is faster and secure, and I can remote into any computers at work without paying extra $/computer/month using RDP.
Have you had a similar problem with the installation Windows 10 Pro below?
“Laptop came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I upgraded this to Pro using the Microsoft Store.
When doing a clean install it installs Home without prompting, instead of Pro. Is there a way to force it to install Windows 10 Pro on a clean install?”
Solution: get a copy of DVD Windows 10 Professional 64 bit with embedded Genuine keys from [shop.allogics.com]